María José Larraín M.
She focuses her practice on civil and commercial litigation and arbitration, and corporate reorganization and liquidation processes.
- Coeymans, Edwards, Poblete & Dittborn (2020 – present).
- Vial Larraín, founding partner (2017 – 2020).
- CMS Carey & Allende Chile, senior associate of the Litigation and Arbitration Group (2017).
- Morales & Besa Abogados, senior associate of the Litigation and Arbitration group (2013 – 2016).
- Urenda Rencoret Orrego y Dörr, associate of the Litigation and Arbitration group (2010 –2013).
- Acknowledged as an “Up and Coming” attorney in the Litigation and Arbitration categories by Chambers & Partners Global and Latin America (2021-2023).
- Law, School of Law, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile (2007).
- Teacher assistant of Civil Law, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile (2009-2014).
Inmobiliaria Terrazas de Chamisero S.A., of the Besalco group
In the construction litigation resulting from the early termination of the contract with Constructora SAE Limitada, regarding the construction of the real estate project Terralta Chamisero, Colina (2020-2021).
- Amplo Asset Management
In the construction arbitration against Constructora SAE Limitada, for early termination of contract, policy collection and other damages (2020-2021).
- American Tower Corporation, provider of intermediate telecommunications services
In the defense of actions lodged in connection to the construction of telecommunications towers in Maitencillo (2020-2021).
- Ruiz-Tagle Vicuña Arquitectos, architecture firm of the Parque Monasterio Dos condominium (Lo Barnechea, Santiago)
In a dispute for alleged damages and/or construction defects, for a sum amounting to USD 5.1 million (2016-2022).
In the bankruptcy-related liquidation of Constructora SAE Ltda., as creditor, for the sum of USD 3.5 million (2021-2022).
- SembCorp Aguas Chacabuco S.A.
In a dispute with its contractor Aqualia Infraestructuras S.A. Agency in Chile, in connection with the construction contract for the conversion of the La Cadellada (Colina) wastewater treatment plant. The sum of this dispute amounted to USD 11 million (2017-2020).
- The Estate of Veronica Blackburn
In various arbitration and ordinary proceedings and preventive injunction measures (2016-2021).
- She has represented several clients
In the bankruptcy proceedings of Pesca Chile, Acuinova Chile, FW Corp., Minera Eloisa, Constructora SAE, Hidroeléctrica El Paso, among others.
- Amplo Asset Management